New Hall of Honor Date – November 2, 2021
We are excited to honor both 2020 and 2021 inductees at our Hall of Honor banquet on November 2nd at 6pm at the Austin Country Club. Interested in attending? Purchase your tickets below and learn more about our honorees here.
The Greater Austin Sports Foundation is proud to announce its first three Scholar-Athlete of the Quarter honorees, Cameron O’Banan of Dripping Springs High School, Savannah Geurin of Leander High School, and Shelby Hayes of Cedar Park High School.
Cam was an all-around athletic star for the Tigers, playing football, running track, and leading his team to the 5A regional baseball final as a pitcher and outfielder. He has chosen to pursue a future in baseball at the University of Texas.
Savannah was a first team Class 5A All-State selection with a 25-1 record as a starter during her junior year, leading Leander HS to the regional final — and, all of this while maintaining close to a 4.0 GPA!
Shelby is a 6’2″ Junior who averaged just over 15 points and 8 rebounds per game while helping guide Cedar Park to their first Girls 5A State Basketball Championship this spring. She was similarly outstanding in the classroom, taking numerous honors courses and maintaining a 5.2 grade point average on a 5.0 scale!
We were glad we got to restart our Speaker Series program with Reid Ryan on June 8, 2021 – video below:
We have worked to profile sports figures in the greater Austin area. Since May of 2019, we have welcomed the following:
- Reid Ryan, CEO of Ryan Sanders Sports & Entertainment and former President of the Astros
- Austin BOLD Soccer Coach Marcelo Serrano and Player Edson Braafheid
- University of Texas Baseball Coach, David Pierce
- Voice of the Longhorns, Craig Way
- Former UT greats – Martin Nedu, Octavious Bishop, Brian Boddicker, Kyle McCulloch, Brad Buckman, and Justin Simmons
- Westlake and Lake Travis High School Coaches, Todd Dodge and Hank Carter
- Huston Street, Former Westlake, UT and MLB baseball player