To raise funds for our Hall of Honor program, we hold Speaker Series every few months, inviting professional athletes and coaches to come speak. Former UT and professional baseball pitcher Huston Street was featured in May 2019.
In October 2019, we welcomed Craig Way, the play-by-play voice of the Texas Longhorns, to discuss UT highlights and break down the Red River Rivalry.
Who Are We?
The Greater Austin Sports Foundation recognizes and appreciates the importance of the foundational and character-building aspects of youth sports in our community. As such, its dedicated volunteer Board and Staff believe it is vitally important to appropriately acknowledge those who have given above and beyond in supporting and promoting youth sports in Central Texas — not only to honor their exemplary efforts but also to inspire others to build upon this legacy.
To build and foster community by publicly honoring individuals who have selflessly volunteered their time and resources to support and grow youth sports in Central Texas.
- To annually recognize and induct extremely deserving individuals into the GASF Hall of Honor
- To promote sports in Central Texas through the GASF Speaker Series program (sports-themed lunch or happy hour speaker program)
- To raise funds to promote and conduct GASF activities, including the Hall of Honor and Speaker Series programs
The GASF encourages anyone with a passion for our youth, particularly youth sports, to participate in our mission and goals by:
- Signing up for our email notifications
- Attending our Hall of Honor and Speaker Series functions
- Recommending Hall of Honor candidates
- Applying to be a member of our volunteer/working Board
- Graciously donating or sponsoring our efforts